Sunday, November 9, 2008

Six days and counting

Well, Yesterday was a long and exciting day. It was shopping day. So far I have 40 cans of formula, 32 cans of tuna, 36 bottles of pediasure, a few jars of babyfood and two big bags of protein drink mix. I have more coming from other places - once we have it all in one location - I will take a picture and post it. I have had to hold back money from the donations to help pay for the totes and the baggage fee.

After talking with a United International person yeterday, I found out that the baggage fees are going to be $180 for each extra bag - Yikes! Our church gave me $1200 to help cover this - Praise God - still needing $420. If I can raise more to go toward that $420, I will spend more of what I have held aside and get more donations to pack and take with us. If you want to donate, my paypal account is justine@bridalpeople.com

We are getting so excited. Last night at dinner we were all talking about what it was going to be like to have two new people in the house and two new faces around the table - oh - it will be so amazing, challenging, fun, confusing - and so many other marvelous things.

We also found out that one of our good friends will be joining us in Ethiopia to bring home their other daughter - so excited to have a familiar and loved face with us. Also, so glad that our kids know each other - hoping that will help them keep up their language some.

Well that is it for now - so much to do - so little time. Thank you so much to all of you who have helped or will be helping with Project Impact, painting my daughters room, helping me pack, childcare - oh the list goes on and on. You are so loved and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.

3 comments:

Jori said...

Here it is Monday ~ only 4 days till we leave ~ and I am blogging. SOmething is really wrong here :):) I am trying to get everything in 1 place to sort and pack as well ~ see you on Saturday in DC!!! :):):):):):):):)
love ya, jori

Anonymous said...

Love your family... Godspeed on your journey.

Way to answer God's call and do this in faith!

http://lifesong.squarespace.com/

Anna said...

Justine,
It has been fun to read your blog and get to know you more! I am praying for you and praying for your trip!
love,
Anna Stager